The original fortified house was mentioned in written sources in 1475, when Václav of Tvorkov bought it from the Opava Duke Viktorin. By 1586 it was rebuilt into a Renaissance country house, most likely by Jiří Tvorkovský of Tvorkov, and later remodelled, although by 1780 it was in a bad state. From 1816–26 Johann Larisch-Mönnich (and later his widow Anna Marie, neé Mönnich) had it radically rebuilt in Neo-Classical style to the designs of
Johann Anton Englisch, regional engineer for the Opava region.
The lengthy reconstruction was led by the Opava builder Anton Onderka. At this time a narrow gallery with a ground-floor winter garden and upper terrace was added to the three-winged corps-de-logis of the house. From the 1820s–40s a collection of other Empire buildings appeared in the complex: administration buildings (1823), orangery (1824–5) and sheepfold (1841), as well as a large landscape park with several ponds. Gebhart
Bernard Blücher von Wahlstatt, who received the house in 1832 through his marriage to Maria Nepomucena Larisch-Mönnich, had an imitation medieval two-story fortification wall with terraces constructed. Additional reconstructions in a Romantic and Historicist spirit took place in 1903–11 under his grandson Gebhard Lebrecht, among other things, this modified both the Renaissance towers in the courtyard and the northern and southern
attic gables, followed by a total reconstruction of the roof. The interiors were also adapted and modernised. During the liberation struggles in 1945, the castle was damaged. The local estate was confiscated in 1947, but the Blüchers von Wahlstatt only left Raduň two years later. Apprentice schools and apartments were placed in the castle. In 1963 it was adapted for the needs of local primary and nursery schools, in time it came to house
municipal offices, a cinema, health center, library etc. All this affected both the exteriors and interiors, and only 42 objects have been preserved from the original furnishings. The other buildings in the complex were similarly affected. The District National Committee in Opava took over the complex in 1978, and decided to include it among the historical monuments with
installations accessible to the public. Thus the house was gradually repaired. Since July 1984 there has beena free-flow visitors route, now dedicated to the restored public salons and the private rooms of the gentry and servants. The furnishings mostly stem from their own collections, after many years of acquisition activity, and are supplemented by loans from the depositary of the National Heritage Institute, which has been managing
Raduň since 2002. The orangery and ornamental garden with a large assortment of citrus trees and exotic plants were opened to the public in 2004 after complete renovation, and in 2011 the reconstruction of the roof was finished, including the restoration of original residential attic. From 2011–2 the granary underwent a total adaptation and a new visitor centre opened here in 2013. The 15-hectare park is also subject to a complex